Re: PaX mprotect now on for amd64

On 05/15/16 10:22, David Brownlee wrote:
On 14 May 2016 at 18:09, Christos Zoulas <christos%zoulas.com@localhost> wrote:
I just turned on mprotect for amd64. The following sysctls have
been set to 1

    security.pax.mprotect.enable=1
    security.pax.mprotect.global=1
[...]
This breaks programs that need to map segments both writable and executable,
for example java. To fix them you can:

paxctl +m /path/to/bin/java
[...]
Would it make sense to (possibly optionally) integrate this into
pkgsrc builds for at least java? (the paxctl +m call)

I wrote this mini-framework for paxctl(8) in pkgsrc:

http://git.edgebsd.org/gitweb/?p=edgebsd-pkgsrc.git;a=commitdiff;h=f1354300f9d734202bd0ce49b33d74f455aea9e1

and addressed some concerns there:
http://git.edgebsd.org/gitweb/?p=edgebsd-pkgsrc.git;a=commitdiff;h=4ed2e62c4e7416abbf6eba9887cdc5e2c6997c67

Let me know if I should import it, or about any concerns.

Cheers,
--
khorben