Re: bash job control broken?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 05:24:54PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I see strange behaviour on NetBSD-current with bash (sh, zsh are
> fine). Here's a simple test case:
>
> # cat /dev/zero >&/dev/null
> CTRL-Z
> [1]+  Stopped                 cat /dev/zero &> /dev/null
> # bg
> [1]+ cat /dev/zero &> /dev/null &
>
> and the prompt doesn't return.
>
> Neither CTRL-Z nor CTRL-C work.
>
> Ideas?
>  Thomas

Hello.

I confirm that sh is fine and bash does not behave as expected.
Additionally, I observe similar behaviour both in shell/zsh (5.2)
and wip/zsh-git. Sending a process to background with bg causes
the input to be held (it is not even echoed like in bash case)
until the command is killed (from another instance/shell),
though the prompt is being displayed correctly.
Works fine when sending to background immediately with &.

I’m using NetBSD-current built three days ago.

Considering zsh works fine for you, it might be just my problem,
even though the timing is quite similar.

I’m sorry if I’m just adding confusion.
I have no idea why it happens.

--
Mateusz Poszwa