Re: PIE binaries and ASLR are on in the default build for amd64

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 10:23:11AM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> I still don't understand why the else part is needed.

I assumed it had never been tested on anything but amd64 (and your commit
log and the comments only talked about defaulting amd64 to on).

But indeed, w/o aslr turned on for every process, it should have made no
difference - sounds like a -pie toolchain issue on i386 (like wrong
ld.elf_so, which would explain the error).

Martin