Re: USB scanners and PR 50340

Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 08:24:33AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> That's not entirely clear.   In theory programs that use that, rather
>> than how SANE has changed, might still want it.   Whether there are any
>> such programs that any actual user wants to use is unclear.
>
> Do you know any such program?

I thought there was one, but I can't find it now.   Proably the SCSI
scanner interface is more likely to be used than uscanner.

I'm not objecting to outright removal.  I was just pointing out that I
lacked enough information to do it, whereas I was confident that it was
in the interest of users to flip the default.