Re: CCD device

On 2016-03-28 15:17, Johnny Billquist wrote:
On 2016-03-28 10:54, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 01:42:23AM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
The error is:
Configuring CCD devices.
ccdconfig: ioctl (CCDIOCSET): /dev/ccd0c: Invalid argument
/etc/rc.d/ccd exited with code 1

Did we do some incompatible change recently? Not too happy with this
one.

Nothing obvious, can you add printfs to the two EINVAL returns in the
case CCDIOCSET: section?

Yech! It's more complicated than that.

After trying to just do that and getting nothing, I added:
         printf("ccd ioctl: %lu\n",cmd);

as the first line of  ccdioctl(), and the output is:

Configuring CCD devices.
ccd ioctl: 3223078416
ccdconfig: ioctl (CCDIOCSET): /dev/ccd0c: Invalid argument
/etc/rc.d/ccd exited with code 1
ccd ioctl: 2149606504

So something broken in the syscall handling, the new compiler (this is
on a VAX), or something else that I don't get yet... I should point out
that apart from ccd, I've successfully booted that same kernel (another
on another machine where I was not using ccd).

And to make it clear: It never comes to the CCDIOCSET handling where it
could return EINVAL. I have not really looked much deeper into the code.

Ok. Decided to dig a little deeper into this.

It's actually ccdinit() that fails. And the line where it fails is:

                error = getdisksize(vpp[ix], &psize, &secsize);

Anyone know anything more about any newly introduced changes around the struct vnode (which is what vpp is), or getdisksize()?

I now also realize that another error I was seeing at boot time, which I assumed was harmless, is probably also related:

Found ra0 at mscpbus0 drive 0: RA73
Found ra1 at mscpbus0 drive 1: RA73
Found ra2 at mscpbus0 drive 2: RA73
Found ra3 at mscpbus0 drive 3: RA73
Found ra4 at mscpbus1 drive 4: RA73
Found ra5 at mscpbus1 drive 5: RA73
Found ra6 at mscpbus1 drive 6: RA73
Found ra7 at mscpbus1 drive 7: RA73
ra0: size 3920490 sectors
RAIDframe: can't get disk size for dev ra0 (22)
ra1: size 3920490 sectors
RAIDframe: can't get disk size for dev ra1 (22)
ra2: size 3920490 sectors
RAIDframe: can't get disk size for dev ra2 (22)
ra3: no disk label: size 3920490 sectors
RAIDframe: can't get disk size for dev ra3 (22)
ra4: size 3920490 sectors
RAIDframe: can't get disk size for dev ra4 (22)
ra5: size 3920490 sectors
RAIDframe: can't get disk size for dev ra5 (22)
ra6: size 3920490 sectors
RAIDframe: can't get disk size for dev ra6 (22)
ra7: size 3920490 sectors
RAIDframe: can't get disk size for dev ra7 (22)
boot device: ra0

	Johnny