USB scanners and PR 50340

I note that PR 50340 has been closed and with the latest pkgsrc under current
(amd64) my Mustek 1200 UB scanner seems to work OK - but I have comment out
the uscanner device in the kernel and use it as a ugen device. It seems that
this is the 'new world order' and the sane backend code to handle uscanner
devices is deprecated. Given this is the case is there any point in still
keeping the

uscanner* at uhub? port ?

in GENERIC?

I am of the same opinion as the PR originator that it is easier to control
access permissions with a uscanner device rather than having to open up a
whole raft of ugen devices, but I guess the sane developers feel that using
libusb makes support easier...

Dave

Phone: 07805784357
Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org