Re: USB crash with recent kernel on Raspberry Pi

On 03/01/16 12:10, Dave Tyson wrote:
Been playing with the latest R-Pi snapshot posted by Jun Ebihara on port-arm.
Hooked up a USB webcam and tried mplayer. I thought it might fail as I have an
outstanding PR-48308 with UVC cameras and it did, but with a different crash.
Camera attached OK, but an ordinary user can crash kernel invoking mplayer:

[snip]

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "xfertype != UE_ISOCHRONOUS || xfer->nframes < DWC2_MAXISOCPACKETS" failed: file
"/usr/src/sys/external/bsd/dwc2/dwc2.c", line 1370

USB isoc transfers have never worked on dwc2 (the RPI HC). I'm hoping that they
might now work on nhusb or that a bunch of patches from Doug Anderson

http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=145403443714061&w=2

will help when I get a change to merge them

Nick