Re: sendmmsg() on NetBSD vs Linux

In article <3005336.fPB0OdDZXs@pc-cznic4>,
Jan VÄ elák  <jan.vcelak%nic.cz@localhost> wrote:
>Hello guys,
>
>sorry for resurrecting this thread.
>
>On Sunday, November 01, 2015 03:57:43 PM Jan VÄ?elák wrote:
>> I've found that the problem is in the newly added sendmmsg() interface.
>> It's behavior slightly differs from the implementation in Linux. The
>> sendmmsg() on NetBSD modifies the msg_hdr.msg_iov member of the supplied
>> struct mmsg_hdr, which doesn't happen on Linux.
>
>I can see that the reactions were diverse. Have you reached some consensus?
>Will this behavior be left intact or can I expect some kind of a fix?

This was clearly a bug and has been fixed:

RCS file: /cvsroot/src/sys/kern/uipc_syscalls.c,v
revision 1.181
date: 2015-11-01 12:23:36 -0500;  author: christos;  state: Exp;  lines: +8 -7;  commitid: mc588Rr5SMovGpHy;
Don't overwrite the user iov pointer in sendmmsg. Make the send and receive
code look the same.

christos