netbsd-7 quota issue

I'am trying to activate quota on a NetBSD-7 system, but the startup script returns an exit code of 1.

[running /etc/rc.d/quota]
Checking quotas: done.
/etc/rc.d/quota exited with code 1

When I try to disable the quota with 'quotaoff -a', the process goes to a non-interruptible status, uses 100% CPU and can not be terminted.

Here my fstab:

# NetBSD /targetroot/etc/fstab
# See /usr/share/examples/fstab/ for more examples.
/dev/sd0a               /       ffs     rw,userquota     1 1
/dev/sd0b               none    swap    sw,dp            0 0
kernfs          /kern   kernfs  rw
ptyfs           /dev/pts        ptyfs   rw
procfs          /proc   procfs  rw
/dev/cd0a       /cdrom  cd9660  ro,noauto
tmpfs           /var/shm        tmpfs   rw,-m1777,-sram%25

Has anyone an idea what could be the problem?

Thank you for your efforts

Regards
Uwe