Re: Crash on -current on i386 (NOT amd64)

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015, John Nemeth wrote:

On Dec 6,  6:12am, Paul Goyette wrote:
} On Sat, 5 Dec 2015, John Nemeth wrote:
}
} > } What's the backtrace? Ideally I'd like to remove the DIOCGPART code...
} >
} >     I don't think there was a backtrace. ...
}
} Correct.  I was unable to get a backtrace - ddb got a recursive fault
} when I tried to get the backtrace.

    How about a dmesg then?  That would at least give some indication
of which driver was involved.

The problem did not occur during boot.

It happened long after sysinst had started.  We had already written
new labels and boot blocks to the target root device, and were looking
for the installation media.

The DIAGNOSTIC message and crash occurred as soon as I entered "a" for
"CD-ROM".

I was able to get gdb to disassemble the code at the %eip and this
confirmed that the fault occurred at the point where your patch was
fixing.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |