Re: in-system dtrace ".d" failure

On 10/27/15, Leonardo Taccari <iamleot%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hello bch,
>
> bch writes:
>> > "/usr/lib/dtrace/psinfo.d", line 46: syntax error near "u_int"
>>
>> I'm trying to build a userland app w/ dtrace support, and a dtrace
>> compilation is failing w/ the above error... Is anybody having success
>> instrumenting userland code w/ dtrace ? I saw this[0], and will be
>> looking for representative code. In the meantime, I've diff'd our
>> /usr/lib/dtrace/psinfo.d w/ FreeBSD head and see no immediate fixes
>> for ourselves (note: I'm not a dtrace expert).
>>
>> Does anybody have insight or comments on this ?
> Adding MKCTF=yes in /etc/mk.conf should fix this issue.

Ah, excellent -- that immediately sounds like a step in the right direction.

[...]

for future viewers of this thread (perhaps myself), if you try
compiling the kernel w/ the above entry to /etc/mk.conf and see
something like:

   sh: /usr/src/obj/tooldir.NetBSD-7.99.21-amd64/bin/nbctfconvert: not found

rebuild your toolchain (./build.sh [...] tools).

Thanks for the replies Leonard and Christos.

-bch