Re: Finding the current network devices

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 13:29:14 -0400
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
> and then reboot.  If I forget to adjust the network cards I am locked
> out until I go to the server room.  My solution is to add this to the
> top of rc.conf:
>
>   read eth0 eth1 _ <<< `ifconfig -l`

In any case, this doesn't work.  It's a bash operator and rc.conf is
run by sh.  I will have to do something else to get the values.
However, I still don't know if I can depend on the order.  Can anyone
tell me that?

Maybe Linux has the right idea.  The ethernet cards are always eth# no
matter what the actual hardware.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%druid.net@localhost>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.