Re: Problems with gdb?

On Sun, 4 Oct 2015, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:

Paul Goyette wrote:
In attempts to debug another problem (see the thread about "killing
zombies"), I've twice forced crash dumps from ddb.  Once with the 'sync'
command, and once with 'reboot 0x104'.
[...]
Yet, gdb fails to process these files:

PR 48915?

Yup, looks like that's the one!

I can process the dump file successfully with

#  gdb /netbsd.gdb
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.9.1
Reading symbols from /netbsd.gdb...done.
(gdb) target kvm netbsd.4.core
0xffffffff801196a5 in cpu_reboot (howto=howto@entry=256,
    bootstr=bootstr@entry=0x0)
    at /build/netbsd-local/src/sys/arch/amd64/amd64/machdep.c:671
671                     dumpsys();
(gdb)

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |