Re: old file system , old partition tables, and some old scsi drive

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 04:33:21AM +0000, David Holland wrote:

> In any case, there is zero chance that anything from the 80s that has
> ffs on it has a MSDOS FDISK partition table. You're better off using
> disklabel(8) and hoping you can find a BSD-type disklabel.

But we have compatibility support for most "foreign" label formats of
that time, including SunOS, NeXT, HP/UX, and Ultrix labels.  It's not
all compiled into the i386 or amd64 NetBSD kernels, but with a little
hacking, it can be.

And failing that, you can grep around until you find the superblock.

What kind of system did the old drive come from?

Thor