Re: How to enter ddb on recent NetBSD/amd64 current

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 08:51:21PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:

> So then I tried the PCKBC_CNATTACH_SELFTEST option, leaving pckbc and
> pckbd alone, and:
>
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
> pckbdprobe: reset error 5
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
>
> The test seems to fail, but it grabs console anyway...

The selftest would fail with something like:

pckbc: unable to request selftest
pckbc: selftest returned 0x%02x

Apparently it doesn't.

It's probably some PS/2 emulation driven by the USB keyboard but
which ceases to work when it is accessed as a USB device. There
might be a small chance that you can disable this in the BIOS.

I'd say, just disable pckbc in your kernel config and build a
custom kernel.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst