Re: blacklistd is now available for current (comments?)

Hi Christos,

Thanks for your blacklistd, its soo much more lightweight that the others i've
seen in pkgsrc; really frees up my small NAS. I've installed the -current
version as in tree.

There are a few oddities though, and maybe you could enlighten me on those.

First of all your name is still in a custom rule in the default installed
bloacklistd.conf. I'd say just comment it oug :)

More importantly, blacklistctl can only dump rules; it doesn't have commands
for adding or removing rules manually. So when i had to manually allow a
machine, my only option was to trunk the db file and restarting blacklistd. I
later learned that blacklistd also has a -f to do this, but its a bit odd that
there isn't say a `blacklistctl allow host port' that reverses a decision it
made.

`blacklistctl dump' without the '-a' doesn't show anything even when there are
machines blacklisted with timeouts.

With regards,
Reinoud