NetBSD 7.0_RC1 on pi 2 fsck : why are odds of recovery low?

# uname -a
NetBSD pinet 7.0_RC1 NetBSD 7.0_RC1 (RPI2.201506190427Z) evbarm

I landed up in an unclean shutdown situation with above configuration on
Raspberry Pi 2 on a few occasions. (This was due to poweroff actually not
doing poweroff, on which I have a different thread.)

On next reboot the system went for file system checks though could not
recover the file system. (Sorry, I have lost the error messages and only
when it crashes next time around I'll be able to get them, but it was
something like fsck "giving up".)

On each such occasion I ended up having to reinstall the image on the SD
card and begin setting up system all over again.

Now, I have faced unclean shutdowns on a laptop running NetBSD 6.1 i386 on
a few occasions, though always fsck had recovered the file system.

I am curious, why the odds of recovery so low on Pi 2. Does it have
something to do with it being a microSD card? Does it have something to do
with 7.0_RC1? Or is it plain simple bad luck?

Mayuresh.