Re: HAL trouble

On 09.06.2015 10:48, Jaap Boender wrote:
> On Monday 08 June 2015 18:00:41 you wrote:
>> I have the same problem on NetBSD-current & pkgsrc-current. I can just
>> shut it down and stop further investigation as hal is widely deprecated.
>
> Good point. If I have some free time in the near future, I might look at
> adding a bit of NetBSD support to Solid, then...

Thanks! HAL never worked for me before.

HAL was obsoleted by udisks, upower and libudev and adding support for
NetBSD is fascinating.

For your interest:
https://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/pkgsrc_gnome_support/

There is also autofs(5) in FreeBSD doing similar things..
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=autofs&sektion=5