HAL trouble

Hi all,

Running KDE with HAL, I'm having some problems - at some point during
my session, the mouse will stop responding and screen updates only
seem to be done sporadically (I get the impression that sometimes I
actually have to press a key for updates to happen...)

I think HAL is involved because a) disabling it seems to be a
workaround and b) at the point the problems occur, hal becomes
unkillable.

Given that without HAL, things like the battery monitor do not work
(slightly annoying on a laptop), I'd really like to investigate this problem
a bit more closely.

Does anyone have hints, leads or advice?

best,

  Jaap

P.S. I'm running this: NetBSD marion-dufresne.kerguelen.org 7.99.18
NetBSD 7.99.18 (MARION-DUFRESNE) #3: Wed Jun  3 14:36:43 BST 2015
jaapb@marion-
dufresne.kerguelen.org:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/MARION-
DUFRESNE amd64

with radeon drm-enabled graphics.

--
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that in emergencies."