gif issue in 7.99.9

Hi, today I noticed a strange problem where it seems a gif tunnel can't send
packets with the source address set to the tunnel's endpoint, but packets with
other source addresses or packets that are being routed through the interface
get sent just fine.

i.e.

% ping6 www.netbsd.org

yields no replies, but

% ping6 -S <internal interface address> www.netbsd.org

works perfectly

- Disabling my firewall has no effect

- Configuring the interface down / up does not help

- Destroying and recreating the interface does not help

- Going back from 7.99.9 (dated 16 April) to the 7.99.4 (dated 8 February)
  kernel fixes the issue (that or rebooting, I'm currently monitoring whether
  the issue reappears after some time).

The system routing v6 is, as you may imagine, "in production" and I'm loth to
experiment too much with it (it's running -current to allow me to use athn).
I will try later with a more current kernel and see if the problem persists.

Staffan

--
Staffan Thomén - ADB3 455F 10D5 86D1 78D6  048D 11BB D66E 7C7E 2EF8