Issues with 7.99.13 (amd64)

I've encountered three separate issues while running -current (most recently, 7.99.13).

1. During start-up, I get the following complaints about my DVD drive:

cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GHB0N, K37E2S94547, 1.00> cdrom removable
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 6 (Ultra/133)
cd0(ahcisata1:4:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 6 (Ultra/133) (using DMA)
cd0(ahcisata1:4:0):  DEFERRED ERROR, key = 0x2
cd0(ahcisata1:4:0):  DEFERRED ERROR, key = 0x2

   During system shutdown, I get an additional DEFERRED ERROR message
   before the "cd0: detached" message.

   Does anyone know what this error is?  And to fix it?

2. System shutdown usually hangs while waiting for xdm to stop.  I don't
   know if it would ever recover (I've waited at least a couple minutes)
   but as asson as I log back in on the console and 'kill -9' the xdm
   process, shutdown proceeds normally.  This happens on 60-80% of the
   time.

3. The most annoying issue:  Occassionally when there is a process doing
   intensive disk I/O (for example, makefs creating a bootable .iso
   image, as part of anita), other processes get completely starved from
   any disk I/O, and hang until the intensive-activity process stops.
   Once it stops, other processes proceed normally.  This is with the
   default BUFQ_PRIOCSCAN strategy.

   This really affects the interactive useability of the system.

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |