Re: LSI MegaRaid SAS3108

On 04/20/15 11:06, kato%wide.ad.jp@localhost wrote:
Folks,

Is anybody working to support 12Gbps SAS version of LSI MegaRAID
SAS3108 based card on NetBSD-current, -7Beta, or even 6.1?

It seems that SAS3108 is supported in latest versions of OpenBSD and
FreeBSD.

-- Akira Kato
I have one of those on my desk. According to FreeBSD it was sufficient to add the pci ids to mfi_pci.c. So I tried that an managed to install. So far so good, but now I am stuck with generic HBA errors on startup. Also the EOL termination of SG-lists that was done for later cards in FreeBSD didn't improve the situation.

As I am not working full time on it - so I have not done any research on the exact pattern that leads to a failure (and once you get the generic HBA error you are stuck with it). Also I have not tracked any further differences between the mfi driver versions. So I may be of limited help here. Neverheless I am very interested in the solution or testing proposed solutions.

BTW: on the Dell R730 (The card is a Perc H730P) bus_dmamap_sync() (not stack trace yet collected) fails with a diagnostic assertion b/c offset 0 is not valid for a 0-length map. Maybe that is one more datapoint to be investigated.

Frank