Re: urtwn hostap

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Brook Milligan <brook%nmsu.edu@localhost> wrote:
According to the man page, the urtwn driver is supposed to support the hostap option.  Although perhaps I am not sure how to configure it with ifconfig, I cannot get it to work.  Has anyone had success with this?  Is it known not to work?  Does anyone have a configuration, e.g., ifconfg.urtwnX, that is known to work?

You don't need to configure it with ifconfig if you use hostap. Usually you bridge it to your wired adapter and that adapter carries the address info. Here is a hostapd.conf file that worked for me:

interface=urtwn0
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ctrl_interface_group=0
ssid=NetBSD
macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=1
wpa=2
wpa_psk=<key>
wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP

You generate the key with wpa_passphrase.

Andy