Re: HP Proliant Microserver N36L fails to boot under current

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 09:19:34PM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:

> >That patch seems to fix the problem. I used a 7.99.5 kernel with
> >the above to successfully boot the machine with a NetBSD 7.0_BETA
> >userland. Can you commit the fix?
>
> Does IPMI work for you?

I have a ProLiant G7 N54L and just ran into the same issue, and the same
patch allows the machien to boot, too. IPMI doesn't work, but it didn't
work before, either.

ipmi: bus_space_map(..., 0, 2, 0, 0xffffffff808f5be8) failed

I took a snapshot of the screen where it paniced; it's pretty much exactly
the same as dtyson's.

attimer1: attached to pcppi1
extent_alloc_region: extent 'ioport` (0x0 - 0xffff)
extent_alloc_region: start 0xfffffffffffffff9, end 0xfffffffffffffffa
panic: extent_alloc_region: region lies outside extent
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
trap type 1 code 0 rip blah blah blah blah