Re: Removal of acorn26 port

On 16 April 2015 at 00:51, Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:
> In article <trinity-40fe500f-df8d-4b60-a4b4-3b73f95b9bfe-1429133530648@3capp-mailcom-bs10>,
> Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>>I strongly agree, please follow the rules and move it to Tier III even now.
>>There are more broken or incomplete ports than acorn26.
>>
>>acorn26 should run on emulators/arcem, it's worth to give it a try.
>
> I a proponent of following the rules, but I feel we've been dragging
> dead bodies and it's having an impact in our available resources.
>
> People who use the port should shout if they want the port kept around.

Once it is moved to tier III it should not impact any work anyone
wants to do, as making it more broken is then fine.

Deleting a port that our documentation says is supported with two
weeks notice, when we have a documented procedure after an email to
some lists people may not even be on may well make people worried that
the port they use might disappear while they are on holiday. And the
documentation needs fixing.

Justin