Re: Re: Install over FTP: DNS lookup problem

On 04/06 17:39, carsten.kunze%arcor.de@localhost wrote:
> > Maybe it is http://gnats.netbsd.org/46483
> >
> > If you suspend from sysinst, what is in /etc/resolv.conf and in
> > /targetroot/etc/resolv.conf ?
>
> They both don't exist.
>
> So I did use an IP address, then it works.
>
> The problem then is to change the path to e.g.
>
> pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201504061010Z
>
> Is this really necessary for installing snaphots? Would it not be
> possible to patch the installer that it knows that path?

The issue is that those paths are short-lived.  What we'd like to do is
provide a stable link that represents the most recent successful build
for a port on any given branch.  We know the current situation sucks,
but no one has stepped up to make it better.

Soren