USB networking (cdce) with Linux host (g_ether)

Hi,

so I just installed NetBSD on my ODROID-C1 and it seems to work quite
well. But one thing that didn't work out of the box was trying to
establish a network connection via USB to my Beaglebone Black (running
Linux with g_ether).

On the Linux side I have the g_ether modules loaded with option
use_eem=0 (but I don't think that option actually makes much
difference).

Anyway, on the NetBSD side I only get:

umodem0 at uhub2 port 3 configuration 2 interface 1
umodem0: Linux 4.0.0-rc4-bone0 with musb-hdrc RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget, rev 2.00/4.00, addr 3, iclass 10/0
umodem0: no pointer to data interface

and that's it - no cdce0 network interface... :-(

I then recompiled the NetBSD kernel with the umodem driver disabled
and it suddenly started working:

cdce0 at uhub2 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0
cdce0: Linux 4.0.0-rc4-bone0 with musb-hdrc RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget, rev 2.00/4.00, addr 3
cdce0: address 16:15:aa:ef:a8:71

But surely there must be a better way to get it working... Is there
any option I can set or is the problem in the umodem driver itself?
Anyone got any ideas? (I am still fairly new to NetBSD...)

Christof

http://cmeerw.org                              sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org                   xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org