Re: rump and htonl() in constants

On 28 February 2015 at 17:46, Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost> wrote:
>> >Hmm, I hadnt seen that. Maybe define an HTONL macro that uses shifts
>> >and masks ifdef little endian so it is all done at compile time?
>>
>> Are you trying to compile without optimization?
>
> Yes - I have DBG=-g -O0 in Makefile.rump
>
> I thought that would help trying to step through a rump kernel in gdb - not
> a good idea? (removing now)
>
> I suppose that is why no one else is seeing this...

Actually I have done this, because it does make debugging easier. It
must depend on your compiler whether it complains I guess as I have
not seen that. I do tend to see problems that depend on requiring
particular optimisation to be worth fixing, as they are essentially
portability issues, and may well inconvenience pcc which we do
support, so I would fix it...

Justin