Re: NetBSD-current on amd64 with Dell PERC 4e/Di hangs under load

Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> writes:

> I lied :-) I think that the first thing you want to do is to convert
> the driver from using splfoo()/tsleep() to mutex/condvar... Perhaps
> that will help anyway. Look at arcmsr.c for the spl->mutex conversion...

Getting from spl to mutex seems simple (as far as I can tell, it's a
straightforward search and replace), but I can see that the transition
from tsleep/wakeup to using condvars is going to involve a bit more
studying of the mechanisms, and of the code.  I won't be able to find
time for that for a few days, but if someone who's already familiar with
these things wants to help out, I can easily test the result.  :)

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"