Re: NetBSD-current on amd64 with Dell PERC 4e/Di hangs under load

Another data point: looking at things with top, and enabling the showing
of individual threads, it's the system thread named "ioflush" that gets
credited with the hung time.  (That is, after each hang, it immediately
is shown at the top of the list, with a large percentage of the CPU.)

Also, it seems that sudden, large writes will reliably cause hangs, but
a more continuous stream of smaller ones tend to flow better -- although
this is just me trying to infer stuff from my so far limited observation.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"