Re: sysinst and network install

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 7:28 AM, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
Hello,
today I've done a network install of netbsd-7/i386 (over http) and it was
not straitforward. In the http menu, I selected the right server and path,
then choose "configure network". Here things did start to go wrong:
- I choose to configure wm0 with dhcp. dhcpcd did find the network
  parameters, including host and domain names. Then sysinst apparently
  decided to flush routes and remove the dhcp-configured address and
  network was not working after that. I had to do a static network config
  to get network working again
- then, back to the http menu, I selected "get distribution" which did
  bring me back to the previous menu instead of downloading and installing
  sets. I had to go to the http menu again and select "get distribution"
  again to have it start the installation.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

I noticed when I select "get distribution" (7.0_BETA for amd64) it would take me back to the network config I believe.

Something is wrong but ultimately it didn't prevent an install so I didn't follow up on it like I should have.

Andy