Re: NetBSD considerations/limitations regarding SSD

Am 06.12.2014 um 02:56 schrieb bch:
[...] what's the state of NetBSD and SSD ? Are there limitations, or
special considerations I ought to be aware of ?

AFAIK, NetBSD (controller) drivers like ahcisata(4) do not support NCQ "yet".

NCQ is considered to improve also modern SSD's performance. Would be great to finally have it. Last time I saw NCQ support discussed on tech-kern was in 2013 ("Thinking about NCQ support for NetBSD"), where Matt Thomas mentioned he had test patches... Maybe he or someone else can tell us more.

Regards
Felix