In article <alpine.NEB.2.02.1411071507130.16735%gmoz.asd.fi@localhost>,
Petri Laakso  <petri.laakso%asd.fi@localhost> wrote:

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014, Michael van Elst wrote:

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 08:12:12PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
    Date:        Thu, 6 Nov 2014 07:28:46 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst)

  | Apparently that's not true after the resize of the filesystem.

You were resizing a filesystem while it was mounted?    Is that even
half way expected to work?

Not me. But yes, according to the screenshot it was the root filesystem
in single-user (probably even read-only) that was resized.

That's correct. Single user mode and root mounted read-only. I was simply
following wiki instructions how to increase rpi root file system after the
install.

Root filesystem resize would be very useful even when it is mounted ro.

Yes, it works but don't sync it when you are done resizing :-)

Would "reboot -n" be better in wiki page rather than just reboot?
https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/

According to REBOOT(8) -n doesn't flush file system cache.

     -n      Do not flush the file system cache.  This option should be used
             with extreme caution.  It can be used if a disk or a processor is
             on fire.