Re: base.tgz no longer contains './bin/[' (in HEAD and netbsd-7)

On Sat 25 Oct 2014 at 06:30:24 -0400, William D. Jones wrote:
> Oops, I should've just tested this- it appears that "[" is a built-in on my
> current machines. I misunderstood and thought that the "[" command wasn't
> included at all in the source tree due to a recent commit error (implying
> that all shell scripts that depended on it would break). Apologies.

Nevertheless it should be there. echo is also a built-in in most shells,
yet there is also a /bin/echo. The original sh had no builtins at all, I
think, and different shells have different selections of built-ins.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'