Re: uvmfault (7.99.1/amd64)

Thomas Klausner wrote:
>My main machine suddenly hung last night and then rebooted. There was
>no big load on it at that time. dmesg contains:

[snip]

>#8  0xffffffff804c3b5e in in_delayed_cksum (m=0xffff8003393c8000) at
>/archive/foreign/src/sys/netinet/ip_output.c:791
>Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
>
>This does not really look like useful information, does it?

Can you tell which protocol family you were using at the time ?

I was regularly getting a similar crash when using NFS over IPv6, this
was with a network controller that only offloads checksumming for IPv4,
the in_delayed_cksum() function is where the network stack does the
checksum in software.

I confess that the current way that I'm trying to fix it is by
switching to a network card with hardware checksumming for both IPv4
and IPv6.

Robert Swindells