Re: No buffer space available

On 6. September 2014 11:50:56 MESZ, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
<tih%hamartun.priv.no@localhost> wrote:

>It seems you've got it.  I turned off the delayed write functionality
>of
>the cache on my 2850, and the problem has gone away.

OK,
very interesting, but no solution so far for us. We are running a HP machine
with smart array with battery backed write cache (FBWC) and afaik caches on the
(Intel) network adaptors too (runned with xen and NetBSD as Linux guests on it
- only the NetBSDs are affected by the no  buf, no mbuf,  no rx buf
"phenomena").

Disabeling the FBWC would usually be not a real option for production as this
could hardly bring down the machine performance. Does anyone have any idea how
to solve or "workaround" this "effect" or "bug" in NetBSD?

Is it possible that network adaptor caches or similiar have the same "effect"?

Many thanks and best regards,

Niels.
--
Niels Dettenbach