Re: i386 DRMKMS/xf86-video-intel results, 5 August 2014

John D. Baker wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Aug 2014, John D. Baker wrote:
>
>> From: John D. Baker <jdbaker%david.technoskunk.fur@localhost>
>>
>> On Tue, 5 Aug 2014, Robert Swindells wrote:
>>
>> > Do you see any difference in text created using Xrender with your
>> > different builds ?
>> >
>> > Running Firefox is an easy way to try this.
>>
>> The modular Xorg installation is currently waiting for the chain of
>> dependencies leading up to Firefox to finish building...
>
>The modular Xorg installation with -current/i386 on the Dell Optiplex
>GX110 also appears to render fonts properly in Firefox.  I didn't
>notice any difference between it or the all-GCC4.8.3, and the
>GCC4.8.3/GCC4.5.4-intel_drv.so installations.
>
>Is there any thing in particular I should notice?

No, if it is readable then it sounds as if everything is fine.

>So far the only shortcoming I've observed is the GCC4.8.3-built
>intel_drv.so causing regions of alternating foreground/background
>colors to be rendered as black.

I was just wondering whether your find of a possible compiler problem
would explain the Xrender problems that I see on intel GPU machines.

Thanks for doing the tests.

Robert Swindells