Re: pcc build error that has been outstanding for a few days...

Recently, I requested that the PCC tree in NetBSD be brought up to date to fix build failures (missing/outdated symbols, like __USE) while attempting to compile the toolchain (i.e. tools directory pcc, used to compile the NetBSD distribution) and distribution (i.e. version of PCC send to the target machine) for a customized, low-memory install. Considering the coincidental timing, it's very possible that the PCC build broke for amd64. I will test when I get the chance to see if I can duplicate your error; I need to clean up my scripts/fix some changes to my source tree that break "generic" x86/amd builds beforehand.

-----Original Message----- From: B Harder
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:57 PM
To: current-users
Subject: pcc build error that has been outstanding for a few days...

I've got an error (transcribing):

/usr/src/external/bsd/pcc/libexec/ccom/../../dist/pcc/arch/amd64/code.c:
In function 'amd64_builtin_v_arg':
/usr/src/external/bsd/pcc/libexec/ccom/../../dist/pcc/arch/amd64/code/c:622:8:
error: variable 'ap' set but not used
[-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
 NODE *ap, *r, *dp;
             ^

I've re-run ./build.sh w/o "-u" to an implicit make clean is run, to
no effect. Has this indeed been outstanding for a number of days, or
am I missing a step to get over a hurdle?

Cheers,

-bch

--
William D. Jones