Re: Preparation for creating netbsd-7 branch

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 08:45:40PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> [...]
>
> Absolutely.  You can't run an earmv7 on earmv6 or before.  You default to
> just earm but you lose efficiency and performance.  An earmv7hf userland is
> much faster on an armv7 cpu than a earm{,hf} userland.

I tested earmhf vs earmv7hf on the beaglebone black. with glxgears,
the performance improvement is less than 1%.

Do you have other tests that show a large gain with earmv7hf vs earmhf ?
For 1% I don't think we should bother providing all of
earmhf, earmv6hf and earmv7hf.