Re: Preparation for creating netbsd-7 branch

skrll@ wrote:

> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2014/07/21/msg025327.html

> "Probably"?
>
> Anyway, I don't think anyone is asking for all variants.

Well, I asked to releng/core, and one of releng member answered it.
That's all.

> > My first question is
> >
> >   "Which MACHINE_ARCH should be used for each arm port on the next release"
> >
> > It's non-technical, but probably determined by marketing and resources.
>
> What's wrong with my suggestion? Feel free to suggest improvements.

You just mentioned possible combinations.

For binary builders, "complete MACHINE:MACHINE_ARCH list"
is necessary and enough, I think.

> > Ramdom comments won't help to get a proper conclusion, I'm afraid.
>
> Is that aimed at me or you?
>
> Anyway, I'm trying to get to an answer through discussion. Something I
> think you're keen to see.

The branch date is July 26h per the announcemnet.
I think we should be "keen" for the deadline.

---
Izumi Tsutsui