Re: Preparation for creating netbsd-7 branch

On Jul 20,  3:50am, tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost (Izumi Tsutsui) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Preparation for creating netbsd-7 branch

| christos@ wrote:

| > >Does anyone (core? releng?) has a particular plan about
| > >the default MACHINE_ARCH for each arm ports?
| >
| > Let's discuss it. What do you propose?
|
| I asked matt@ on port-arm last year and got no answer.
| http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2013/10/26/msg002073.html
| I think (other) Core members should handle it.

Yes, I've been trying to follow that thread. Can you please summarize
the problem and propose a solution? Is it a backwards compatibility issue?
Or do we need to worry about binaries produced with sf on hf able machines
in the future? Why would one do that? To be compatible with old machines?

christos