Re: xkbcomp errors

Hi,

sorry, side-tracked by lots of problems... I still have wmaker crashing...

On 2014-06-01 18:29:30 +0200 wettstae%gmail.com@localhost wrote:

yes, I see it on the stdlog when running your command. Do you need the
generated tmp.xkb ?

I am not sure that the problematic part is still in there.  If running
'xkbcomp tmp.xkb' does show the error, it is, and you can send it.

the generated tmp.xkb is a binary file, which I attach compressed. I don't know what too look for inside of it.

while executing.
/usr/X11R7/bin/setxkbmap -print | /usr/X11R7/bin/xkbcomp - tmp.xkb

I see this on the terminal:
Error:            Couldn't lookup keysym
                  Symbol interpretation ignored
Error:            Couldn't lookup keysym
                  Symbol interpretation ignored
Warning: Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
                  Ignoring extra symbols
Warning:          No symbols defined for <SYRQ> (keycode 92)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <II5D> (keycode 93)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <II65> (keycode 101)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <BRK> (keycode 114)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <FK13> (keycode 118)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <FK14> (keycode 119)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <FK15> (keycode 120)
<...>

That said, I think my hypothesis about the error cannot be correct.  I
thought a keysym coming in through this line:

        xkb_compat    { include "complete"      };

would generate the warning, but no keysyms where added there recently
(~3 years, upstream), and also this line is what "everybody" uses.  If
all your system is up to date, I do not understand what's going on.

I'm running current, with a consiten system update of about June 11/12 andI am still getting this error.

Thank you

Riccardo

<tmp.xkb>