Re: USB 3.0 status in NetBSD-current?

> > On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 05:47:28AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > Is there, or is there supposed to be, USB 3.0 support in the current kernel?

> > I see xhci in kernel config, but have not yet been able to access anything
> > on a USB 3.0 port.

> Use a USB 2.0 cable in between to force USB 2.0 speeds.

> SuperSpeed USB can not be supported until usb(4) is overhauled to
> support it.

>     Jonathan Kollasch

I guess that's why there is no explicit mention of USB 3.0?

But then, why is xhci there?  Placeholder for future improvements?

A USB 3.0 device in a USB 2.0 port, or a USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port, gets
USB 2.0 speed.

But the only testing I did in that regard with NetBSD was Western Digital USB
3.0 MyBook Essential hard drive in USB 2.0 ports: some worked, some didn't.

Tom