out of threads

Something changed in -current or firefox recently. Other programs like
unrar or go or gnome programs sometimes don't start because no threads
are available. When I quit firefox, the problem is solved.

This happens also when firefox only has 5 tabs open, so my first
assumption is a thread leak (if that makes sense?) in firefox. I've
seen it with both firefox 29 and 30; I don't think it happened with
older versions. But perhaps it's a NetBSD issue instead.

Has anyone else seen this?
Ideas?
 Thomas