Re: updating pkg osabi/x11-links

On 19 May 2014 17:18, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
>> On 19 May 2014 16:38, Riccardo Mottola
>> <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>> If one follows -current and uses pkg_rolling-replace, osabi always
>> fails if the minor -current version has been changed. That's why I
>> manually update the packages depending on osabi as explained earlier,
>> and then run pkg_rr. But of course that is not a fault of pkgsrc -
>> after all, it hasn't been designed to cope with the simultaneous
>> change of the layered software and the operating system.
>
> I think pkgsrc should cope with that situation (but agree that it
> doesn't and it's in need of a patch).
>
> I'd say it's a bug in osabi if one can't do 'make replace' and just get
> an osabi package with a newer version.  Of course, the depending
> packages need to be (and should be) marked unsafe_depends, but there are
> sometimes issues when there's logic to try to prevent that situation.
> Are you saying that make replace doesn't work,

I might have to retract what I said earlier - 'make replace' in
pkgtools/osabi used to fail for me, not any more:
➜  osabi  make replace
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in osabi-NetBSD-6.99.41
===> Installing for osabi-NetBSD-6.99.41
=> Automatic manual page handling
=> Creating binary package
/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/osabi/work/.packages/osabi-NetBSD-6.99.41.tgz
===> Replacing for osabi-NetBSD-6.99.41
WARNING: experimental target - DATA LOSS MAY OCCUR.
Creating binary package: osabi-NetBSD-6.99.40
Creating package /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/osabi/work/osabi-NetBSD-6.99.40
===> Updating using binary package of osabi-NetBSD-6.99.41
/usr/sbin/pkg_add -K /var/db/pkg -U -D
/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/osabi/work/.packages/osabi-NetBSD-6.99.41.tgz
pkg_add: Dependency of lsof-4.87 fulfilled by osabi-NetBSD-6.99.40,
but not by osabi-NetBSD-6.99.41
pkg_add: Dependency of x11-links-0.89 fulfilled by
osabi-NetBSD-6.99.40, but not by osabi-NetBSD-6.99.41
➜  osabi  pkg_info osabi-NetBSD-6.99.41
Information for osabi-NetBSD-6.99.41:

pkg_rolling-replace will have to be checked in this contextm though.
I'll try this tomorrow.

Chavdar

--
----