Re: current kernel - root device not configured

Hi,

Quentin Garnier wrote:
You're not saying how old netbsd.old is, but since it doesn't know the
boot device, I would guess the new kernel wants a newer bootloader.
My netbsd.old says Feb 6 as date. I was lazy updating lately :)

It could be: my bootloader still says 5.99 when I start. What's the best way to update the bootloader for current?

I can build a new userland, but I do not want to install it until i am sure I can safely use the new kernel, or a boot with the old one is impossible, of course.

Riccardo