Re: netstat routing table (verbose) output

Hi Christos !

Bringing the functionality back would be good - I have yet to find a replacement.

Frank

On 04/24/14 14:44, Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <5358FD54.1060500%netbsd.org@localhost>,
Frank Kardel  <kardel%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
Hi,

once upon a time (NetBSD 6.x and before) the command
netstat -nvrf inet
delivered:

Routing tables

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags    Refs      Use    Mtu
Interface
default            10.0.2.1           UGS        15 35833864      -  nfe0
         expire            0   recvpipe          0   sendpipe          0
         ssthresh          0   rtt               0   rttvar            0
         hopcount          0
10.0.2/24          link#1             UC         14        0      -  nfe0
         expire   1390815881   recvpipe          0   sendpipe          0
         ssthresh          0   rtt               0   rttvar            0
         hopcount          0
10.0.2.1           00:00:24:c9:2c:84  UHLc        1  2690346      -  nfe0
         expire   1398341586   recvpipe          0   sendpipe          0
         ssthresh          0   rtt          109375   rttvar        93750
         hopcount          0

Nowadays (-current) I only see the same output as without the -v option.

Is this deliberate? Is this a regression?

The -v option was useful to check things like hopcount and diagnose
routing trouble.
The route show <dest> command still outputs the hopcount and other
information, but not the entire routing table in extended format.

Is there a plan to re-instate the functionality?
I think that died when Elad? tried to cleanup netstat not to use kmem.
It should be fixed properly by adding more stuff to sysctl if we bring
the functionality back.

christos