gdb fails w/ internal-error assertion (frame->unwind == NULL)

I've been getting this lately -- have there been changes made that
stand out to anybody as "Ah!!! That makes sense why that'd happen!",
or is there something I can do to help chase this down ?

$ gdb ./prog ./prog.core

/usr/src/external/gpl3/gdb/dist/gdb/frame.c:2427: internal-error:
frame_prepare_for_sniffer: Assertion `frame->unwind == NULL' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n)

--
Brad Harder