Re: MBuf clusters - what uses them?

On 6. April 2014 18:50:28 MESZ, Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost>
wrote:

>temporarily unavailable" errors.  (As near as I can tell, postfix uses
>unix-family sockets for this...)
...i can notice the same scenario with the same error msgs in timeframes of
weeks on a xen virtualized machine (seems only a NetBSD over 6.x is affected)
with several TCP services plus DNS plus local unix sockets - but i have no
"blocked" unix sockets before and even when the net "goes down" seconds or
minutes before the os locks completely.

On xen i had an additional effect - if i tried to define a second network
interface for local (host internal) LAN TCP connections to the local LAN
brought down the other interface traffic too. Not shure if this is related -
the behaviours are very similiar to the mbuf network slowdown/lock before
system lock.

I do not understand in detail why the whole OS is locking in a case where mbufs
are going out - if a system i.e. goes out of file descriptors the os byself is
still reacting. So is this a bug or feature? ß)

hth
cheerioh,

Niels.
--