Re: Network attack?

On Tue, 7 Jan 2014, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

<snip>

So where the heck are all these random connections coming from?  And
why would they ever have been ESTABLISHED in the first place?

Do you have some p2p tool running ? I'm seeing similar connections here,
and my best guess is that they're from rtorrent

Hmmm. I _do_ have "transmission" running - it's a bit-torrent thing, and I am "serving" a few files - various NetBSD distributions! :)

I looked a couple of times, and all the torrents were idle.

But definitely thanks for the info - if (when) it happens again, I will try disabling the "transmission" stuff and see if the situation gets better.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |